Thursday, September 7, 2017

Summer Lovin' | Felicity Jane

     Hey Scrappy Friends!  I'm back here today with a layout created from the Felicity Jane Summer kit.  I've almost killed this one! 
     They layout I created today was also used as a short tutorial over at ScraPerfect for my design team spot.  I used The Best Glue Ever and some foam to add dimension to my layout replacing the expensive foam tape I used to use.  Can you see the shadow under the corner of my photo?
     I usually start my scrapping with a sketch, but this one I didn't.  I started with what I had left from the kit.  The yellow strips are a branding pieces, and the grid is the washi I received in the kit.  This has to be my favorite washi ever, and I think I've used it in every layout I created from this kit.
     After I did the main part of the page the upper left felt quite empty, and honestly look odd.  To combat that I created a cluster using the washi, some of the kit embellishments and some of my homemade enamel dots.
     I have also taken to make my splatters with my water brush and inexpensive watercolor set.  I've found that I get better control with the water brush and I can make my color as vibrant or muted by the amount of water I add.  I'm going to try the brush with my color shine next.
    Okay...I think that's it for now...back to creating.  Until next time...stay crafty!



No comments:

Post a Comment